Exhibition - Music Videos Licence
Anyone who exhibits a music video to the public must have a
licence from CONNECT music licensing or the record company to
do so. The copyright holder (record company) has the right to
authorize exhibition and reproduction of music videos. CONNECT
music licensing administers this right on behalf of over 1000
record companies in Canada.
A SOCAN licence does not cover the exhibition of music
This licence allows you to copy music videos using encryption
and compression into computer hard drives for the purpose of diplay
at events within Canada.
Some terms of this license include:
This licence is valid for one year
- CONNECT music licensing and the record companies are not
obligated to provide you with source music videos.
- Videos copied are for events within Canada only.
- You are responsible for music video delivery expenses to and
from the record companies.
- You are accountable for any loss or damage to the music
video(s). Please use cost disclaimer from TV.
- Costs to copy music videos are your responsibility.
- Music videos may be used for the intended purpose of the record
- CONNECT music licensing may at any time recall any music
videos as directed by the record company.
- You are required to transfer videos from CONNECT music
licensing approved sources.
- The digital video supplier is required to copy music videos at
equal or higher quality as intended by the record company.
- The video compilations that are created may not contain any
commercial messages nor may the music be edited or altered in any
- You will be required to submit a list of desired videos to
CONNECT music licensing prior to creating video compilations
for record company approval.
- The music videos copied must meet or exceed the quality
intended by the record companies.
- Monthly reports should be provided to CONNECT music
licensing displaying information on subscribers, manufacturers
and revenue details. This should be e-mailed to CONNECT music
- You are responsible to obtain any performing rights society,
publishers, or other licenses necessary outside of this
- You may not sell music video compilations. These compilations
are for LEASE only and are subject to recall at the end of the
agreement or at CONNECT music licensing's discretion.
The licence fee is the greater of $650.00 or determined by the
number of events held in the venue, the average ticket price of the
event, the average attendance at the event and the number of music
videos used at each event.
For more information or for official terms of this agreement,
please contact CONNECT music licensing.
Can't find the information you're looking for?
Contact CONNECT music licensing and we will provide you with the information you need.