This licence allows you to copy music and music videos using encryption and compression onto computer hard drives for supply to your subscribers.
Some terms of this agreement include:
- This licence is valid for one (1) year commencing on the date of execution.
- CONNECT Music Licensing must receive written permission for the type of compression you wish to use when copying music and music videos.
- An encryption method must be used to avoid unauthorized copying of your product.
- The record companies have no obligation to provide audio and video materials.
- You may only copy audio and music videos from an CONNECT Music Licensing approved source.
- Digital programs are to be made available to commercial subscribers only.
- If in-store advertising is included on the hard drives, certain restrictions apply.
- You are responsible for any clearances and payment of all music videos, all copies and all programs received.
- Music videos are not to be copied for the purpose of resale or rental.
- You are responsible for any payments that may be required to any mechanical copyright licences or other licences for samples that may be embedded in the audio and audio within music videos copied.
- You are required to submit monthly reports to CONNECT Music Licensing with the details of subscribers, audio and music videos.
- You may not sell music/music video compilations. These compilations are for LEASE only and are subject to recall at the end of the agreement or at CONNECT music licensing’s discretion.
Recoupable, Non-Interest Bearing Advance Fee: $2,500.00
For Video, the greater of:
- $18.00 per system per month without In-Store Advertising OR 15% of gross lease revenue
- $22.00 per system per month with In-Store Advertising OR 20% of gross lease revenue
- For Audio, the greater of:
- $6.00 per system per month for hard drives without In-Store Advertising OR 15% of gross lease revenue
- $8.00 per system per month for hard drives with In-Store Advertising OR 20% of gross lease revenue
For more information or for official terms of this agreement, please contact CONNECT Music Licensing.