If you are a music supplier looking to copy music onto hard drives to supply to commercial subscribers, this license is for you.
Some terms of this agreement include:
- This licence is valid for one (1) year commencing on the date of execution.
- You are expected to submit in writing the form of compression you wish to use to copy music.
- This licence is for the territory of Canada only.
- An encryption method must be used on the copies you reproduce to avoid illegal copying by your subscribers.
- CONNECT Music Licensing and the record companies are not obligated to provide source music.
- You may only copy music from CONNECT Music Licensing approved sources.
- You are required to copy music at equal or higher quality as intended by the record company.
- The music copied may not contain commercial messages nor may they be edited or altered in any way.
- If in-store advertising is include on the hard drives, certain restrictions, and an increased licence fee apply.
- You will be required to submit monthly reports to CONNECT Music Licensing of your commercial subscribers, the songs used and revenue details.
- You may not sell hard drives containing copies of music. These compilations are for LEASE only and are subject to recall at the end of the agreement or at CONNECT Music Licensing’s discretion.
Recoupable, Non-refundable Advance: $2,500.00 CDN
Six dollars ($6.00) per month per hard drive if there is no In-Store Advertising and eight dollars ($8.00) per month per hard drive if there is In-Store Advertising, plus applicable taxes.
The GREATER of the minimum fee or 15% of gross lease revenue if there is no in-store advertising, OR the GREATER of the minimum fee or 20% of gross lease revenue if there is in-store advertising.
For more information or for official terms of this agreement, please contact CONNECT Music Licensing.