Disc Jockeys
Log In
HomeAbout FAQ Resources News Contact

Exhibition – Music Videos Licence

Anyone who exhibits a music video to the public must have a licence from CONNECT Music Licensing or the record company to do so. The copyright holder (record company) has the right to authorize exhibition and reproduction of music videos. CONNECT Music Licensing administers this right on behalf of over 2800 record companies in Canada.

A SOCAN licence does not cover the exhibition of music videos.


This licence allows you to copy music videos using encryption and compression into computer hard drives for the purpose of diplay at events within Canada.

Some terms of this license include:

  • This licence is valid for one year
  • Videos copied are for events within Canada only.
  • The video compilations that are created may not contain any commercial messages nor may the music be edited or altered in any way.
  • Monthly reports should be provided to CONNECT Music Licensing displaying information on subscribers, manufacturers and revenue details. This should be e-mailed to CONNECT Music Licensing.
  • You are responsible to obtain any performing rights society, publishers, or other licenses necessary outside of this agreement.
  • You may not sell music video compilations. These compilations are for LEASE only and are subject to recall at the end of the agreement or at CONNECT Music Licensing’s discretion.


The licence fee is the greater of $650.00 or determined by the number of events held in the venue, the average ticket price of the event, the average attendance at the event and the number of music videos used at each event.

For more information or for official terms of this agreement, please contact CONNECT Music Licensing.